Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Weekly Comic Book Pulls for 9-19-07

Weekly Comic Book PullsWorld War Hulk #4
This one was a bit of a let down as I've loved the first three issues, but this one didn't impress me as much. The battle between Hulk and Dr. Strange was a little hard to follow at points and some of the coloring effects were a little weird. Plus the whole fight is I'm assuming based on an old plot point from some Dr. Strange story that I've never heard of, and I'm not doing any research to figure out what's going on. That fight is the first half of the issue, with the second half being the Illuminati against each other. The fight is suitably emotional and this part I thought was well drawn. I mean to be fair it's John Romita Jr., and on a bad day he's still better than most people. All that said, still enjoying the mini, not buying any extra tie-ins and getting the whole story, so I call it a win. ---3 out of 5...come see what else Henchman21 has been reading at GEEKS OF DOOM!

No comments: