Monday, September 17, 2007

Movie Review: Mr. Woodcock

Mr. Woodcock movie posterWell, I am known for my meat. -- Jasper Woodcock in Mr. Woodcock

6th grade. Third period gym. Coach Stange.

Everybody knew all you had to do was show up and dress for class and you’d get an easy A; so that I did. Yet at the end of the first semester I had to explain to my folks why I got a C- in gym class. I argued over and over that Coach Stange flat out hated my guts. Mom even went so far as to call the school to find out. Why the low grade for a whole semester? According to him, it was because I forgot my gym clothes one time and I needed to be taught some discipline. It took her until the next year of seeing A’s in gym for her to finally believe me that he did actually hate me. I didn’t let my distaste for him ruin or guide my life, but God, I hated that guy. Mr. Woodcock tells a similar, albeit slightly more colorful version of that same story...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: