Sunday, September 9, 2007

DVD Review: Heroes S1

HeroesI believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. – Rosemary Harris, Spider-Man II

If you couldn’t tell, one of my favorite subgenres of the action genre is the superhero. The superhero has something that no other kind of subgenre has -- these guys have to stay away from all the fame and glory. There is a lot more going on in a superhero movie than most action movies, and because of that, it becomes a much more difficult challenge. That is why I defend most superhero films. Batman Forever, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, The Hulk, and The Punisher just go to show you a few comic book movies that I love. A year ago came an extraordinary television show, one that doesn’t only show us the difficulties of being a superhero, but the difficulties of hiding that you are a superhero. I remember watching the pilot episode of Heroes back when it aired for the first time in September of 2006, and just at the end of the episode, I knew that this show would be the next favorite show of mine. Because since Lost got weirder, My Name is Earl got stupider, and a lot more people wouldn’t leave this third season of The Office alone, I took refuge at Heroes. It was one of the best choices I had ever made in my life...continue reading this article at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: