Sunday, September 30, 2007

'Midnight Meat Train' Trailer

Midnight Meat Train teaser posterThose of you who know me personally are aware of how deeply my love of Clive Barker's work runs. When a well worn copy of the first Book of Blood found its way into my hands at the tender age of thirteen, I immediately devoured it and was forever changed. Much in the same way Lovecraft and Poe attacked the horror genre from their entirely unique perspectives, Barker had not only changed the rules, but literally (<--hey lookie, proper use of the term literally) rewrote the template for modern horror.

After reading the insanely sick introduction to the Books, in which a fake psychic finds himself at the mercy of an all-too-real malevolent spirit who proceeds to etch the anthology's stories onto his very flesh, literally making him the book of blood... Oh yes, I was hooked!...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: