Saturday, September 8, 2007

Film Maniac's Fall 2007 Film Picks

Film Maniac's Fall 2007 Film PicksAh, it’s that time of year again. Every year, there is that one season where things start to look up. This time of year is all about the awards. Voters for the Academy, Golden Globes, and MTV will be looking at all of these films that are released this year, and they will keep the films released around this time in mind.

Will this year be better than last year? Last year, we had Scorsese, Nolan, Cuaron, del Toro, Frears, Condon, Eastwood, Inarritu, Almodovar, Gibson, Zwick, Soderbergh, Field, and De Palma. This year, our line-up includes Taymor, Cronenberg, Lee, PTA, the Coen brothers, Baumbach, Scott, Farrelly brothers, Haggis, Mangold, Jordan, Penn, Anderson, and Forster. You decide which year is better.

But I’m looking forward to a few particular films. Whether it has Jack Black in it, or an Ian Curtis lookalike, they are all going to be checked out in theaters if they are playing near me. If not, they will be on DVD. This is Part I of my two-part series "The Rest of 2007 Movies -- The Good, The Bad, and the Very F**king Ugly." This half is for all of the films that I’m looking forward to. Also, just notice that this is MY opinion. If you don’t like it, all I have to say is “eat me.”...continue reading this article at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: