Monday, September 3, 2007

Interview: Seth Gordon

King of KongSeth Gordon, director of The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, a David vs. Goliath documentary about two men competing for champion rights to the classic arcade game Donkey Kong, opened up about his new film, its process, and his future.

“My favorite place is Fun Spot [an arcade featured in The King of Kong]. Family reunions were in New Hampshire. I burn in the sun, so my family would leave me at Fun Spot. It is a family place and they would give tokens for grades. I would think about it all year. I met Steve Wiebe [one of the main characters in the movie] four days after they had been in his garage. At first I thought he was too vanilla but after I met all the players, I wanted to do the project. It took a year and a half.”...continue reading this interview at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: