Sunday, September 23, 2007

Movie Review: Across The Universe

Across The Universe movie posterDo I care if this movie has flaws? No. Not one bit. This movie has some flaws in it, but so does Sin City, and that is my all-time favorite. Across the Universe is not even anywhere as close as good as Sin City, but it does come very close to being one of my favorite musicals of all time. I can’t even explain what Across the Universe was trying to prove to us. Was Julie Taymor trying to prove to us that she knew her color wheel? Or was she trying to prove that there were actors out there that could actually act? Or was she trying to prove to us that maybe, just maybe, Across the Universe was trying to prove us something that no other movie really has shown us. For the first time in years, a film hit me right in the gut, and told me to pay attention to what it was trying to tell me. And tonight, I bring you, the hardest review I ever had to write, Across the Universe...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: