Friday, September 21, 2007

TV Review: Curb Your Enthusiasm -- Meet the Blacks

Curb Your EnthusiasmHey, I may loathe myself, but it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm Jewish. -- Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Earlier this Saturday, I went to visit my grandparents up north. And then they took me somewhere, some place that I never want to go back to again. We went to my mom’s aunt’s house, where they were hosting a memorial lunch for someone who died in my mom’s family about ten months ago. The one thing that came to my mind was how Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm would fuck up something at an event just like this. So later that night, I turned on HBO and guess what my hazel eyes see on the damn TV screen? The Curb Your Enthusiasm season six premiere in friggen shining lights (at least through my eyes). Now here is what not many people know: I LIVE off of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Whenever it’s on and I’m bored, I turn it on and I sit there and laugh my tiny testes off at Larry and his damn antics. You really got to give it to the guy. Even when you are in the crappiest of moods, he gives you something to laugh at in each episode. In one way, his character is a Michael Scott (from The Office) without being in business, and in the other, he’s just Jerry Seinfeld. It’s about time we had two characters from two of the best damn sitcoms come together and form one big character. Larry David’s character is the best one that you can think of (or can't think of). If it slipped under my radar until the day it aired again, I’m sure it could slip under yours...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: