Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Weekly Comic Book Pulls for 12-12-07

Weekly Comic Book PullsGreen Lantern #25
I loved the beginning of this crossover, I loved the middle, so why should my opinion change about the end? I loved this issue, from the opening battle scene, to the explanation of the 7 Lantern Corps, to the preview of the next big GL event. I'll admit that it's kind of cheesy, but darn it if Geoff Johns doesn't find a way to make it interesting. So many great moments in the issue, with the denizens of Coast City playing their part in defeating Sinestro, to Cyborg Superman's not quite death, every page gave me another great moment. Ivan Reis brought his A-game for this issue, and the time spent shows. I have to go back and re-read it to see which pages were drawn by Reis and which ones were done by Ethan Van Sciver, but there was so much done well about the art I didn't really notice. I'm calling the Sinestro Corp War a success, and it's certainly in the running for some of the best comics of the year. ---5 out of 5
...come see what else Henchman21 has been reading at GEEKS OF DOOM!

No comments: