Friday, December 14, 2007

Geeks Gear Up For 'I Am Legend'

Week of Geek: I Am Legend



WEEK OF GEEK SERIES: I AM LEGEND: PART VI

In this penultimate entry in our I AM LEGEND series, the Geeks of Doom staff offers up their thoughts on the film, which opens in theaters today. I Am Legend stars Will Smith and is based on the novel by Richard Matheson and well as the 1971 film adaptation The Omega Man.

I Am Legend is also opening in IMAX, so those of you who can catch it all the BIG screen will get a real treat -- the prologue for The Dark Knight is running as a trailer before the IMAX screening.

Cinema Junkie
The Omega Man is one of my favorite films from Charlton Heston's era of apocalyptic cinema. The Omega Man ranks right up there with Planet Of The Apes and Soylent Green. Every generation deserves its own version of Richard Matheson's classic I Am Legend. As much as I love The Omega Man, I cannot say I was upset with the news of another version. It has been in development hell for a long time. I am excited for this version with Will Smith, it looks like the most accurate version yet. Will Smith as Robert Neville, from the trailer it looks like he will bring his style to the role just as Heston and Vincent Price did in their films. Friday cannot get here soon enough...see what the rest of the Doom Writers have to say at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: