Thursday, December 6, 2007

Eleven Questions with T.E. Pouncey: Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy, co-founder of Chibi ComicsMike Murphy is a comic book writer, creator, and (with Celina Hernandez) co-founder of Chibi Comics and a life-long comic book fan.

"Ever since I could read, I've been reading comics, ever since I could draw, I've been drawing them," Mike said. "I think the first books I remember were a Comico Gumby Summer Special, and an issue of Sword of The Atom.

Mike had intended to become a comic book artist, and he said that, aside from a five-year stint with his old punk band Myopia, that goal never changed.

"However, once I started attending the American Academy of Art in Chicago, and I hooked up with friends who also wanted to draw comics," Mike said, "it became obvious someone was going to have to handle the writing side of the equation. I pulled the short straw. That said, over the years I have really grown to love being a writer. Even more than being an artist, I think. I'm a faster writer than I am an artist, and I also think I'm better at writing than drawing. So, there's that."...continue reading this AWESOME interview at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: