Tuesday, December 18, 2007

DVD Review: The Last Legion

The Last Legion DVDThe Last Legion
Directed by Doug Lefler
Starring Colin Firth, Ben Kingsley, Aishwarya Rai
Weinstein Company/Genius Products
Available Dec. 18, 2007


Before seeing this DVD, I suspected that The Last Legion was an awful movie. I originally intended to see this film shortly after its United States release, but it could only be found at two movie theaters within fifty miles of my home within two weeks after it entered the market. Given the size of the metropolitan area in which I live, this only happens for one reason: the movie is horrible.

So with expectations set rather I low, I watched this DVD and was pleasantly surprised. Is it the next Gladiator? No, but that said, it's not a bad film either. It falls into the category of "flawed but interesting." Whether or not you enjoy The Last Legion depends a lot on if the audience can accept the film's central premise: linkage of the Fall of the Roman Empire with the roots of Arthurian legend...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: