Sunday, January 13, 2008

Movie Review: Southland Tales (UK Release)

Southland Tales movie poster (UK Release)Southland Tales
Directed by Richard Kelly
Starring Dwayne "The Rock” Johnson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seann William Scott
Rated R
UK Release: Dec. 9, 2007


With a limited release, Southland Tales has arrived here in the UK. I wanted to see it. The obvious reason for that was because of Richard Kelly's debut feature … of which I will not go into. And you want to know why? Because Kelly's first film will inevitably influence you, and you will compare both films.

Watching Southland Tales with zero expectations is the best bet. And that is how I went into this.

Before I go into the basics of the film, I want to tell you about my experience after it. Whilst waiting outside the screen, I overheard a fake-gold bling tracksuited orange-tanned Chav [the local scum in the UK] Girl say to her boyfriend "What the hell was that? I didn't understand any f*cking bit.”...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: