Thursday, November 29, 2007

Movie Review: August Rush

August RushAugust Rush (2007)
Director: Kirsten Sheridan
Starring Freddie Highmore, Keri Russell, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Robin Williams
Rated PG


“Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore... play it loud enough and it keeps the demons at bay.” -- Martin Luther, Across the Universe

“I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?” -- Gary Oldman, Leon


I remember the first time I was obsessed with music. Back in 2000, the one artist that I always wanted to be like was Eminem. Back then, I thought he was an amazing musician. I didn’t know what the hell he was talking about in his songs, but it didn’t matter. His rap songs had some funky beats and made my head bounce the entire time I was listening to it. “The Real Slim Shady” was played so many times in my cassette player that I still know the lyrics right now. I know how I talk about how rap sucks nowadays, but if there was one man who is one of the best rappers out there, it’s Eminem...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: