Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Comic Review: Atomic Robo #2

Red 5 Comics - Atomic Robo #2Atomic Robo #2
Written by Brian Clevinger
Art by Scott Wegener
Colors by Ronda Pattison and Lawrence Basso
Letters by Jeff Powell
Red 5 Comics
Cover price: $2.95; On sale: Nov. 14, 2007


Who can say no to a comic starring an 80-year-old robot fighting a group of theoretical giant atomic ants? Not me for sure. I’ve been looking forward to this series for a while, as I’m a huge fan of Brian Clevinger’s web comic 8-bit Theater, but I was a little let down by the first issue, reviewed here. There were a few pacing issues and the humor wasn’t what I was hoping for, but I chalked it up to the two being new to the whole monthly comic game. I have to say that this is a vast improvement over the first issue, and fills me with hope that future issues will further improve the creator’s abilities...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: