Wednesday, November 7, 2007

DVD Review: Ratatouille

Pixar's Ratatouille DVD
Ratatouille
Directed by Brad Bird
Starring (voices) Patton Oswalt, Brad Garrett, Brian Dennehy, Ian Holm, Janeane Garofalo, Peter O' Toole
Walt Disney Video
Rated G


To watch Ratatouille is not merely to love it. To watch it is actually almost closer to getting high off of it. It buzzes along at a fast pace on such a level of giddy invention and superior craftsmanship that it rubs off on you. Meticulous skill and an almost slavish will to entertain without pandering are not mutually exclusive, but seeing this movie you wonder why they aren’t in the same place at the same time more often. And this has left me on the underside of hyperbole, so I’ll do my best to restrain myself. I’ll just let it slip that I’d want to call Ratatouille one of the best films of the year, except that I have a little voice in the back of my head asking “Just THIS year?”...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

1 comment:

Zookeeper said...

I'm with you on the "just THIS year" comment! This is a great one!