Monday, October 8, 2007

Movie Review: The Heartbreak Kid

The Heartbreak Kid movie posterThe Heartbreak Kid
Director: Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly
Starring: Ben Stiller, Michelle Monaghan, Jerry Stiller
2007


"I couldn't believe that she knew my name. Some of my best friends didn't know my name." -- Ben Stiller, There's Something About Mary

"Do you ever get so bored, you just stare at your balls?" -- Martin Starr, Knocked Up


Remember a time where the Farrelly brothers were on a roll with such classics like There's Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber, Me, Myself, and Irene, and Shallow Hal? (Okay, maybe not Shallow Hal.) I would like to remember those days, because now all they are releasing are turds in the wind. Since There's Something About Mary, the duo went on to do some extraordinary things. They made Chris Rock an animated pussy, conjoined Greg Kinnear and Matt Damon (and I still can't say his name without a straight face) -- and I can't even begin telling you how wrong that was -- and even made a movie that just happened to come at the right time when the Red Sox won the World Series and they had it star Jimmy Fallon and called it Fever Pitch. They even redeemed themselves in my eyes at least when they produced one of the funniest comedies of the last few years, The Ringer. So when the Farrellys have the chance to make a comeback in the director's chair, and even get Ben Stiller and his dad to star in the movie, guess what happens?...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: