Monday, October 8, 2007

Comic Review: The Necromancer #1

The Necromancer #1The Necromancer #1
Written by Joshua Ortega
Pencils & Inks by Jonboy Meyers
Colors by Brian Buccellato
Letters by Troy Peteri
Cover by Francis Manapul
Top Cow Productions
Cover price: $2.99; On-sale: Oct. 17, 2007


A Pilot Worth Watching

See, I’ve been out of the loop. While the rest of the comic book world was going ga-ga over the original Necromancer miniseries a few years back, I was only just starting to be gently guided back into the comics mainstream under the tender care of Brian Michael Bendis’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Warren Ellis’s Planetary trades.

Truth be told, with the exceptions of the Paul Jenkins/Dale Keown run on The Darkness, and stand alone limited series like Midnight Nation, Wanted, and Common Grounds (all trades), I haven’t read anything published in the Top Cow universe since the late ’90s.

So, with this in mind, you may ask yourself, “Who the hell is this guy to be telling us anything about this comic book. He doesn’t know the world, he doesn’t know the characters!”

Well, I’ll tell you who I am, my friend...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: