Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Hellraiser Project

The Hellraiser ProjectTo make a long story short…

I reviewed the twentieth anniversary DVD of Hellraiser for Fatally-Yours.com because, well, it’s been twenty years and I hadn’t seen the Goddamn thing. I didn’t like it and, as I am wont to do, said so, and quite loudly.

The response in a circle or two was not kind, calling me “delusional” and claiming that I “didn’t get it.” This was so entertaining that I reviewed the second one, Hellhound: Hellraiser II, with largely similar results. People I didn’t talk to a whole lot started leaving me messages and some dude who knows the WRITER of the second one left a comment on my MySpace blog, it’s all just fuckin’ weird. I just wanted to review ONE movie, and I got sucked into a world of horrible dialogue and S & M posing.

One of those attentive readers was Dave, one of my editor at Geeks of Doom, who is also a die hard Clive Barker fan. He wanted me to tear something he calls Hellraiser IV: Pins In Space a new asshole. I told him I couldn’t do this without seeing the third one, to which he consented to post on GoD.

Being as I’m in for penny after penny at this point (and there being a remake on the horizon), I might as well be in for the whole pound. Which is why, in partnership with both Fatally-Yours and Geeks of Doom, I am both pleased and sickened to announce The Hellraiser Project. Why stop at just reviewing the four that went to theaters, when I can do the ones that went to video as well? I’ll be switching back and forth from site to site, leaving my depressed little movie droppings when it comes to this franchise...continue reading this apparent assault on Dr. Royce's sanity at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: