Friday, August 31, 2007

Movie Review: Sunshine

Sunshine"It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!" -- Detective Robert Thorn from Soylent Green

"They don't know what they've got there." -- Dr. Indiana Jones from Raiders of the Lost Ark

"Look how they massacred my boy. " -- Don Vito Corleone from The Godfather

I go in with the highest of hopes and sometimes I come out in ruins. The promise of suburban bliss slashed by studio MBA greed mixed with misunderstood Louis B. Mayer wisdom. For Danny Boyle's Sunshine, I am not going down like that. Not in this lifetime, no way. Children of Men and The Fountain got lost in the shuffle. I championed those films very hard. True, they left a lasting an impact on me. Films not for everyone, but I felt like they were for me. Let me say this, if Danny Boyle and Alex Garland want to continue exploring the science fiction genre, they have my blessing. Like Darren Aronofsky, I would gladly see to it they would always get the financing for their visions...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: