Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hardware Review: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System

Logitech Z-5500 5I made a decision about a year ago to simplify my life and living room, and make my G5 Macintosh my "media hub." I purchased an external Miglia USB TV tuner with EyeTV DVR software, a 30" Dell monitor (most HIGHLY recommended!), and sold my home theater.

At the time I had a modest Logitech analog system, which was good, but I wanted more. For a few years the Logitech Z-5500 Digital speaker system caught my eye, but the price was just a bit too high, and I just couldn't justify the close to $400 price ticket for a second sound system. But now that this was going to be my main (and only), system, I decided to take the plunge.

I purchased the system through Dell for $278.95, and say what you want about Dell, they were the best choice when it came to this item as they had very reasonable shipping ($22.32), and this was a VERY heavy item (somewhere around 40 or more pounds). Another positive thing I found with Dell is they have a very fast delivery time.

I received my system in 3 days. The setup was easy and straightforward. Included in the manual was a quick setup guide with diagrams that made the initial wiring and placement of the speakers quick and painless...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: