Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Weekly Comic Book Pulls for 02-13-08

Weekly Comic Book PullsScud, the Disposable Assassin #21
The most anticipated return of the month, at least for me (no offense Alan Davis fans). After more than a decade off, (was I really in high school when the last issue came out) finally we get to see the end of the series. The only problem is, it's been too long, and while I remember the premise and creator Rob Schrab does a good job of bringing new readers up to speed, I wish I could catch up with the complete story. Schrab's art still has all the style and excitement we're used to, and fans of the series will enjoy this. The story is pretty light, and is mostly catch up, but it sets the rest of the story up and there are some good moments. If you've never read Scud before, wait a few months, and pick up the omnibus, as I plan to do anyway. That's pretty much my highest level of approval, because I hate to buy things twice, but I'll be doing it for this series. ---4 out of 5
...come see what else Henchman21 has been reading at GEEKS OF DOOM!

No comments: