Friday, February 8, 2008

Music Review: 'Juno' Soundtrack

Juno SoundtrackJuno Soundtrack
Music from the Motion Picture
Various Artists
Rhino
Release date: January 15, 2008


When I was sent this CD for review a few weeks ago, I had no idea what type of music would be on the soundtrack since I still hadn't seen the smash indie hit film, now up for a Best Picture Oscar. From what I knew about the movie -- about a quirky, sarcastic, quick-witted teenager (Ellen Page) who finds herself with an unwanted pregnancy courtesy of her meek, kindhearted best friend (Michael Cera) -- I could easily predict that Juno would be one of my favorite films of the year (and I was right). But after one glance at the list of artists on the soundtrack, I assumed that these tunes would do little else besides put me right to sleep (and I was wrong)...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom!

No comments: