Friday, June 29, 2007

Movie Review: Transformers

Transformers"Michael Bay, please don't destroy my childhood."

That was the predominant thought in my mind as the theater darkened and the ubiquitous husky timbre of Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) began his voice-over. You're familiar with Transformers. You know the deal. Two opposing sects of giant robots from the planet Cybertron, who have the ability to change into vehicles, are warring over energy with Earth as their battleground. I'll do you a solid courtesy by saving you from my rant-o-rific fanboy spiel but make no mistake, Transformers were a big part of my childhood -- like Pokémon/Magic Cards/Naruto big -- so you can imagine my apprehension.

Going into this viewing, I was thinking how I just couldn't take yet another mediocre film making a mockery of my adolescent ardor, but let's be honest here, at this point so long as the effects held-up and there's no impromptu dance sequences, I would probably just give it the nod. After the long line of dreck Hollywood has insulted us with this summer, Transformers could be nothing more than a dozen rounds of CGI'd automatons beating the crap out of each other and most people would call it the tits...continue reading this review at Geeks of Doom

Vote for it on Digg here!

No comments: